Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Christmas will soon be here

I know that is a silly thing to be saying in August but come on, how quickly has this year flown by so far. Christmas will be upon us before we know it and so it makes me think I should be thinking about what I am going to do for my christmas cards this year. I normally don't start in time, wait until like November and then become busy with work and completely run out of time. I also often take on a few projects groups are doing and before I know it am swamped and really feeling the pressure. So I plan to dig out some magazines and see what inspires me for Christmas cards and start thinking about what materials I would need.
Heres an example of one I made last year. I had real fun making these snowmen and I would be tempted to make the again this year except I cannot remember who I sent which cards to and do not like to send the same one to people. But might make use of this for Christmas tags (which I don't normally make but if I am being good and starting early - there is a possibility).

2 comments:

Janet said...

You're so right....it will be here before we know it. I should begin thinking about Christmas right this minute or I'll be last minute again. Some years I do really good and then the next year I fall behind.

I love your snowman card. He's so cute.

Seuss's Cat said...

There has never been a year where I have prepared before, every year has been a rush near the end so I am determined not to let this year be the saem :)

Thanks the idea was in a card magazine and I tweaked it a little based on what I had but the basis is form the magazine. Guess thats why people buy them :)