Monday, January 28, 2008

Busy journaling weekend

That's right I was a busy bee this weekend, working on a number of journal pages. I have 2 journals currently with me, one is Nathalie's from our journal round swap which is going on and I have a couple more days before I need to send it back and also the Good or Evil Journal which I have had far too long but hadn't done many pages in so wanted to do a few more before I sent it back.
So in Nathalie's journal I have done 2, 2pages spreads. The first I did is around the issues I have had with Sam this weekend and so I did one page with red paper, one page with black paper and then with acrylic paint, did a heart in the middle but with it being the corresponding colour on the opposite page. It was nice to get my acrylic paints out again even though I didn't do much painting with them. I only have a small amount so I don't do backgrounds often and I may start but its fun to do little bits. It gave a really good effect and I wrote in black on the red and silver on the black, crossing over for the hearts. It looks awesome and I will add pictures when I get the loading of my photo's on our computer sorted. It is annoying me not being able to put pictures up because makes the entries more interesting but don't want to not write anything until I have photo's!
The 2nd double page spread was using different scraps of paper which had been left over from other projects. I often throw the bits away but I feel its a waste but then you cannot sometimes see who they can be used so this page is a bit random but it is a celebration of those scraps! It was fun to make.

In the Good or Evil Journal I put light blue card as an underlay and then used acrylic paint to put a few clouds on the page in white. I then used my black journaling pen to put some sentences around the clouds. I thought the page looked a bit empty so wrote some things about why I liked clouds and drew cloud lines round them. Its a peaceful page.
I half started a 2nd double spread for this. Again light blue paper but then I bought some rub ons which had butterflies and bee's and such on and I am going to do something with these but not decided what yet.

So as you can see a good weekend for journaling. I got my arse in gear on Friday night and put together all the grab bags I owed on my blindswapatcs group so got them sent out Saturday morning as well as finally finishing all the rest of H cards and sending them out. I also re found an old cross stitch project I had been working on which I had planned to do for Sam's sisters little boy Glaeken, a nice Noah's ark piece. I start ages ago and as part of my finishing projects before starting new ones so I am working hard to finish this and then I can hopefully think about my new cross stitch project :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found a packet of papers, inches, and a notebook in our laundry room the other day that had a little tag to you from someone (I can't remember the name) I guess you left it here last time. Anyways I'm going to send it your way sometime this week so be on the lookout. :D

Unknown said...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/disturbia/news/1706036/

You read that Last Man comics right? Looks like they might be making a movie.